UIDAI: Unique Identification Authority of India
UIDAI Full Form
UIDAI full form stands for Unique Identification Authority of India. The UIDAI is directed to allocate a 12-digit Unique Identification (UID) number (called “Aadhaar”) to all residents of India.
UIDAI was initially established in January 2009 through a notification in the Government of India Gazette as an attached office under the Planning Commission. The implementation of the UID scheme involves the creation and assignment of UIDs to residents.
A unique 12-digit identification number can be obtained voluntarily by Indian residents or passport holders based on biometric and demographic data. These figures have been provided by the UIDAI full form (Unique Identification Authority of India), a legal identity body set up by the Government of India in January 2009, under the Ministries of Government of India, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
Explain the process and procedure for associating a UID with a partner database; Policies and procedures were formulated to explain the use and application of UIDs to update the operation and management mechanisms of all phases of the UID life cycle.
According to the notification, UIDAI was tasked with creating plans and policies to implement the UID scheme, own and operate the UID database, and update it.
A money bill was introduced in Parliament on 3 March 2016 to provide legislative support to Aadhaar. The provision of the Aadhaar (Financial and Other Subsidies, Services Benefits and Targets) Act, 2016 was passed in the Lok Sabha on 11 March 2016.
- Creating a long-term organization to carry forward the vision and values of UIDAI
- Ensuring compliance with the Advertising Act by all individuals and agencies in letter and spirit.
- To formulate rules and strategies as per the Aadhaar Act, complying with the provisions of the Aadhaar Act.
- Develop a system for issuing Aadhaar numbers to residents of India who have registered for this by submitting their biometric and demographic information.
- Develop a system for creditors to update and verify digital identity
- Ensuring availability, maintenance, and update of technology infrastructure
What Is The Full Form Of UIDAI?
UIDAI full form stands for Unique Identification Authority of India. The UIDAI is directed to allocate a 12-digit Unique Identification (UID) number (called “Aadhaar”) to all residents of India. It was initially established in January 2009 through a notification in the Government of India Gazette as an attached office under the Planning Commission.
Next Topic: LLP Full Form