UDP: User Datagram Protocol
UDP Full Form
UDP full form stands for User Datagram Protocol. In computer networking, User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is one of the key members of the Internet Protocol Suite.
In this case, through UDP computer applications can send messages to other hosts of the Internet Protocol (IP) network, as a datagram.
UDP uses a simple connect-less communication model with minimal protocol mechanisms. UDP provides a check for the integrity of the data, and the port number, to solve various tasks at the source and destination of the diagram.
It has no handshake dialogue, and thus the program has to cover any aspect of the user’s core network. If error-fixing features are required at the network interface level, an application may use Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) or Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) designed for this purpose.
- Suitable for UDP purposes where error checking and correction is not necessary or has been made in the application.
- Time-sensitive applications often use UDP because it is better to wait for delayed packets due to a delay in dropping packets.
- Some VPN systems, such as Open VPN, can use UDP when implementing reliable connections and check for errors at the application level.
- The UDP protocol stack avoids the overhead of such processing.
- Many large Internet applications use UDP, including Domain Name System, a single answer packet, Simple Network Management Protocol, Routing Information Protocol, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol.
What Is The Full Form Of UDP?
UDP full form stands for User Datagram Protocol. It is one of the key members of the Internet Protocol Suite. UDP provides a check for the integrity of the data, and the port number, to solve various tasks at the source and destination of the diagram.
Next Topic: PGT Full Form