TCS: Tata Consultancy Services
TCS Full Form
TCS full form stands for Tata Consultancy Services. It is an Indian multinational technology company specializing in information technology (IT) services and consulting, headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, and with the largest workforce. Located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. As of February 2021, TCS is the world’s largest IT company with a market capitalization of 169.2 billion.
TCS full form (Tata Consultancy Services) is the second-largest Indian company in terms of market capitalization. Tata Consulting Services is now one of the most valuable IT services brands in the world. It is a subsidiary of the Tata group and operates in 149 locations in 46 countries.
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited was initially launched as “Tata Computer Systems” was established in 1968 by a division of Tata Sons Limited.
- Its initial contracts included perforated card services for sister company Tesco (now Tata Steel), which operated on the inter-branch reconciliation system of the Central Bank of India and provided bureau services to the Unit Trust of India.
- In 1975, TCS introduced an electronic depository and trading system called SECOM for the Swiss company SIS SegaInterSettle.
- In 1980, TCS established India’s first dedicated software research and development center, the Tata Research Development and Design Center (TRDDC) in Pune.
- In 1981, it established India’s first client-affiliated overseas development center, which was set up for client tandem.
- In1993 TCS partnered with Integrity Software Corporation, a software factory based in Canada, which was later acquired by TCS.
- Enterprise solution
- IT infrastructure services
- Engineering and Industrial services
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Cognitive Business Operations
- Asset leverage solutions
What Is The Full Form Of TCS?
TCS full form stands for Tata Consultancy Services. It is an Indian multinational information technology (IT) services, consulting and business solutions company that is a global leader in IT services, digital and business solutions. As of February 2021, TCS is the world’s largest IT company with a market capitalization of 169.2 billion.
Next Topic: SSB Full Form