SIM: Subscriber Identity/Identification Module
SIM Full Form
SIM full form stands for Subscriber Identity/Identification Module. It is an integrated circuit designed to secure the International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI) number and associated key which is used to identify and authenticate users on mobile devices such as phones, laptops, and computers.
It is also possible to save contact information from multiple SIM cards. SIM cards are always used on GSM phones. For CDMA phones, this is only required for LTE-enabled phones. SIM cards can also be used in satellite phones, smartwatches, computers, or cameras.
- The first SIM card was developed in 1991 by Munich smart card manufacturer Giesecke & Devrient, which sold the first 300 SIM cards to the Finnish wireless network operator Radiolinja.
- The SIM was initially specified by the European Telecommunications Standards Institute with the TS 11.11 number in the specification.
- This specification describes the physical and logical behavior of the SIM with the development of UMTS, specification work partially shifted to 3GPP. 3GPP is now responsible for the further development of applications.
- Standard SIM
- Micro SIM
- Nano SIM
- we can save the phone numbers
- network authorization data
- we can store and send text messages
- we can use it as an address book
What Is The Full Form Of SIM?
SIM full form stands for Subscriber Identity/Identification Module. It is an integrated circuit designed. The first SIM card was developed in 1991 and was about a credit card in size.
Next Topic: AM Full Form