SDO: Sub Divisional Officer
SDO Full Form
SDO full form stands for Sub Divisional Officer. It is a title sometimes given to the head office of a district subdivision, an administrative office that is sometimes below the level of a district, depending on the governmental structure of a country.
The SDO is usually a PCS ranking officer. Each district is divided into tehsils. It is empowered by the Inspector of Taxes, Collector Magistrate. All sub-divisions (Tehsils) are under the charge of SDO (Sub Divisional Officer).
He is the head of the government sub-department. The post of organization SDO full form (Sub Divisional Officer) can be found in many government departments such as electricity boards, PWD irrigation, etc. We can say that SDOs are appointed in almost every government department. Employees of a department can be promoted to the post of SDO based on their experience and performance.
Apart from this, SDO is also recruited by the state government through PSC (Public Service Commission) examinations. The minimum qualification required to participate in this examination is a bachelor’s degree in the required field. In addition, the SDO’s work depends on the department it holds.
- He is the head of development projects in the sub-department and is instrumental in coordinating the work of various departments.
- He acts as an appellate authority as per the demand of his subordinate revenue officers.
- He is responsible for maintaining peace, law, and order within his jurisdiction.
- He can decide independently because in most cases.
- He is fully responsible for everything that happens in his subdivision.
- Its jurisdiction extends to land revenue and tenancy works.
- He is also serving as Assistant Collector under Punjab Land Revenue Act and Punjab Tenancy Act.
What Is The Full Form Of SDO?
SDO full form stands for Sub Divisional Officer. It is a title sometimes given to the head office of a district subdivision, an administrative office depending on the governmental structure of a country. SDO is recruited by the state government through Public Service Commission examinations.
Next Topic: LMV Full Form