1) PSU: Public Sector Undertaking
2) PSU: Power Supply Unit
PSU Full Form
1) Public Sector Undertaking
PSU full form stands for Public Sector Undertaking. A state-owned business in India called a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) or Public Sector Enterprise. These companies are jointly owned by the Central Government of India or by one or both of several state or regional governments.
The company’s stock in PSUs is a government majority. They are managed by the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises. In 1951, there were only 5 public sector enterprises in India. During FY 2018-19, CPSEs have earned around Rs 25.43 lakh crore.
- To accelerate the development of key sectors of the economy and create jobs and income to meet the equipment needs of strategically important sectors a large number of “sick units” were taken from the private sector.
- Indira Gandhi’s government nationalized India’s 14 largest private banks in 1969 and six more in 1980.
- This government-led industrial policy, with similar restrictions on private trade, was a key model of India’s economic growth until the 1991 Indian economic crisis. PSU full form
- After the crisis, the government began disabling its ownership of many public sector undertakings to raise and privatize capital with poor financial performance and underperformance.
2) Power Supply Unit
PSU full form stands for Power Supply Unit. The power supply unit (PSU) converts the main AC of the computer’s internal components into L-voltage regulated DC power.
Modern personal computers globally use switched-mode power supplies. Some power supplies have a manual switch to select the input voltage, while others automatically adapt the mains voltage. Most modern desktop personal computer power supplies conform to the ATX specification, including form factor and voltage tolerance.
The desktop computer power supply converts a low-voltage direct current from the main electrical wall socket to run processors and peripheral devices. Many direct current voltages are required, and they must be controlled with some accuracy to provide stable operation of the computer.
Power supply rail or voltage rail refers to the same voltage supplied by the power supply unit (PSU). Computer power supplies may include short circuit protection, over power protection, over voltage protection, under voltage protection, over protection, and over temperature protection.
What Is The Full Form Of PSU?
PSU full form stands for Public Sector Undertaking. State-owned corporations are known as public sector undertakings (PSUs) in India. The government has created public undertakings to undertake commercial projects under its banner. These companies are concerned about making less profit and paying more attention to building the country and improving the economy of the country.
Next Topic: IPO Full Form