PSR: Physicians for Social Responsibility
PSR Full Form
PSR full form stands for Physicians for Social Responsibility. The Physician for Social Responsibility or PSR is a physician-led organization in the United States working to protect the public from the dangers of nuclear proliferation, climate change, and environmental toxins.
- The PSR was founded in Boston in 1961 by a group of people concerned with the health risks associated with the testing, stockpiling, and use of nuclear weapons.
- The initial PSR report described the actual human, physical, social, and environmental consequences of nuclear war.
- PSR originally opposed environmental nuclear testing by documenting the presence of the product Storinium 90 test in children’s teeth.
- It produces and distributes publications, provides specialized training, provides written and oral testimony to Congress conducts media interviews, and provides vocational and public education.
- PSR members and e-workers, state and local chapters, student chapters, and national staff create a nationwide network to address the dangers of global survival, particularly nuclear war, nuclear proliferation, global warming, and toxic poisoning.
- PSR state and local chapters work on a range of issues, including hospital vegetables, in which they consider sustainable agriculture, health care reform, and domestic violence.
- Several chapters of the PSR are also active in the gun control movement, which is working to ban handguns in the United States.
What Is The Full Form Of PSR?
PSR full form stands for Physicians for Social Responsibility. It is a physician-led organization in the United States working to protect the public from the dangers of nuclear proliferation, climate change, and environmental toxins.
Next Topic: PCOD Full Form