IRS: Indian Revenue Service
IRS Full Form
IRS full form stands for Indian Revenue Service. The Indian Revenue Service often referred to as the IRS, is the Administrative Revenue Civil Service under Group A of the Central Civil Services, the executive branch of the Government of India.
The IRS is primarily responsible for collecting and managing direct and indirect taxes to the Government of India. It operates under the Revenue Department of the Ministry of Finance and is under the administrative direction of the Ministerial Order of the Revenue Secretary and the Minister of Finance.
- In 1924, the Central Revenue Act created a Central Board with practical responsibilities for the administration of the Central Revenue Act.
- Commissioners of Income Tax were appointed for each province and assistant commissioners and tax officers were placed under them. The Income Tax Service was established in 1944, which was later reorganized in 1953 as the Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax).
- After independence, the Imperial Customs Service was revived in 1953 as the Indian Revenue Service.
- In 1963, given the increasingly complex roles and responsibilities of direct tax management in India, the Central Board of Direct Taxes was constituted as a legal entity under the Central Revenue Act, 1963.
- With the passage of the Government of India Act, 1919, under the supervision of the Indian Foreign Secretary, the civil service was divided into two arms, the All India Services, and the Central Services
- Candidates who wish to become IRS full form (Indian Revenue Service) officers should pass the Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
- Should be a citizen of India
- Should have Bachelor’s degree from Central, State, or Deemed University
- Degree in correspondence recognized by the Government of India
- Those who have passed the final examinations of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), ICSI, and ICWAI.
- Must have a degree from a foreign university recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
What Is The Full Form Of IRS?
IRS full form stands for Indian Revenue Service. It is an administrative revenue civil service under Group A of the Central Civil Services of the executive branch of the Government of India.
Next Topic: ISRO Full Form