IMDB: Internet Movie Database
IMDB Full Form
IMDb full form stands for Internet Movie Database. This is online information about movies, television programs, home videos, video games, and streaming content including cast, production crew, and personal biographies, ratings, trivia, plot summaries, and fan, and critical reviews.
IMDB started as a movie database in the user group “rec.arts.movies” in 1990 and went on the web in 1993. It has approximately 7.5 million titles and 10.4 million personalities in its database, as well as 83 million registered users.
- On October 17, 1990, Needham developed and published a collection of Unix shell scripts that could be used to search all four lists, thus creating the IMDB-generating database. At the time, it was known as the “rec.arts.movies Movie Database”.
- In 1993, it moved to the emerging World Wide Web under the name Cardiff Internet Movie Database.
- IMDB was incorporated into the UK in 1996, with Col. Needham, the founder of Internet Movie Database Limited, becoming the primary owner.
- In 1998, Amazon.com founder, owner, and CEO Jeff Bezos signed an agreement to buy IMDB for approximately $ 55 million, and a subsidiary.
- IMDB full form (Internet Movie Database) continued to increase its activities. On January 15, 2002, it added a subscription service called IMDB Pro, aimed at entertainment professionals.
- The IMDB Pro was announced and launched at the 2002 Sundance Film Festival.
- As of 2006, it was increased to the top 150 contributors, and in 2010 to 250.
- In 2008, IMDB acquired two other companies: Box Office Mojo and Farewell Box.
What Is The Full Form Of IMDB?
IMDb full form stands for Internet Movie Database. It is one of the most popular online entertainment sites, with over 100 million unique users each month. IMDB has more than 8 million titles and about 10 million celebrities and 83 million registered users in its database.
Next Topic: SSD Full Form