HIV: Human Immunodeficiency Virus
HIV Full Form
HIV full form stands for Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Human Immunodeficiency Virus is a manifestation of a condition caused by infection with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), a retro virus.
A person may not feel any symptoms after the initial infection or may experience a short-term illness such as influenza. Usually, it lasts a long time without symptoms. If the infection progresses, it interferes more with the immune system, increasing the risk of developing common infections such as tuberculosis as well as other opportunistic infections and tumors. This stage is often associated with unexpected weight loss.
Causes Of HIV
- HIV is mainly spread during unprotected intercourse with an HIV-positive person.
- By blood contamination.
- By hypodermic needles.
- By motherhood during pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding.
- By using drug needles with an HIV-positive person.
- Never share your personal items such as razors, toothbrushes, etc with anyone.
- Never share your used needles and syringes with anyone.
- Never use razors, toothbrushes, needles, and syringes used by others.
- Use a condom during intercourse.
- Avoid multiple sexual partners.
What Is The Full Form Of HIV?
HIV full form stands for Human Immunodeficiency Virus. It is a state of complete failure of the human immune system. This infection is caused by the human immunodeficiency virus. Most people get the virus through unprotected sex with someone with HIV.
Next Topic: AIDS Full Form