GAIL: Gas Authority of India Limited
GAIL Full Form
GAIL full form stands for Gas Authority of India Limited. Gail is an Indian government agency responsible for natural gas distribution and processing in the whole of India. This agency is headquartered in Delhi, India.
This agency is basic gas transmission and marketing company in India and owned by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
It has the following business segments: natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas transmission, petrochemical, liquefied hydrocarbons, city gas distribution, exploration and production, GAIL, and power generation.
Only the other eight public sector enterprises enjoy this facility in all central CPSEs. According to a 2014 report by Brand Trust, a study conducted by Trust Research Advisory, Prison was ranked 131 among India’s most trusted brands.
- GAIL was incorporated as Central Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) in August 1984 and was formerly known as the Gas Authority of India Limited.
- The company was initially given the responsibility for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the Hazara-Vijaypur-Jagdishpur pipeline project.
- The 1750 km long pipeline was constructed at a cost of ₹ 17 billion (US 24 240 million).
- Between 1991 and 1993, three liquefied petroleum gas plants were built, enabling the prison to begin gas transportation in different parts of India.
- The GAIL began distributing city gas in 1997 by setting up nine compressed natural gas stations in New Delhi.
GAIL full form (Gas Authority of India Limited) owns the largest pipeline network in the country, with a capacity of 2300 km long Hazira-Wajapur-Jagdishpur pipeline, with a capacity to handle 33.4 million cubic meters of gas per day under standard conditions. The company owns more than 11,000 km of cross-country natural gas pipelines and has a presence in 22 states across the country.
The company today also owns and operates seven mega LPG recovery plants in the country and gives around 20% of its domestic LPG to its sister PSUs such as IOCL, BPCL, and HPCL. The prison is one of the largest petrochemical parties in the country, operating the largest gas-based petrochemical company in India since 1999.
What Is The Full Form Of GAIL?
GAIL full form stands for Gas Authority of India Limited. Gail is an Indian government agency responsible for natural gas distribution and processing in the whole of India. GAIL was incorporated as Central Public Sector Undertaking in August 1984 under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Next Topic: SGPT Full Form