ERP: Enterprise Resource Planning
ERP Full Form
ERP Full Form is Enterprise Resource Planning. Enterprise resource planning is commonly referred to as a type of business management software, and it is usually a collection of integrated applications, and organizations can use it to collect, store, manage and interpret data in many business activities.
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is the integrated management of major business processes, usually in real time, mediated by software and technology. The ERP system tracks business resources – cash, raw materials, production capacity – and the status of business obligations: orders, purchase orders, and payroll.
The ERP system integrates different organizational systems, promotes error-free transactions and production, thus improving organizational efficiency. An ERP full form (Enterprise resource planning) system operates on various computer and network hardware configurations, usually using a database as a repository of information.
Typically ERP systems have the following characteristics:
- Integrated system
- Real time process (or close)
- Deployment options include: on-premises, cloud hosting, or SaaS
- A global database that supports all applications
- The appearance of each unit is consistent
- The Information System (IT) department carried out a detailed installation of the data / application integration system, but the premise is that the implementation process is not carried out in small steps
- Eliminates the need to synchronize changes between multiple systems – integrating finance, marketing, sales, human resources, and manufacturing applications 
- Lending legitimacy and transparency to all statistical data
- Promotion of standard product labeling / coding
- Provide a comprehensive view of the organization (without “information islands”), making real-time information available to managers anytime and anywhere to make the right decisions
- Protect sensitive data by integrating multiple security systems into a single architecture
- ERP provides many benefits, such as standardization of common processes, an integrated system, standardized reporting, enhanced key performance indicators (KPIs), and access to shared data.
- One of the main advantages of ERP; The concept of an integrated system is often misunderstood by organizations. ERP is a central system that can be tightly integrated with all major company functions, including human resources, planning, purchasing, sales, customer relations, finance or analysis, and other related application functions. In this sense, ERP can be described as “a centralized integrated enterprise system (CIES)”
Some Other ERP Full Form
|ERP||Economic Report of the President||Political Document|
|ERP||Effective Refractory Period||Medical|
|ERP||Effective Radiated Power||Radio frequency energy|
What is ERP Full Form Concept?
ERP Full Form is Enterprise resource planning. Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is defined as the ability to offer an integrated set of business applications. ERP tools share a common process and data model, covering a broad range of overarching operational processes, such as finance, human resources, manufacturing, distribution, services, and operations in the supply chain.
Next Topic: EMI Full Form