1) DC: Deputy Commissioner
2) DC: Direct Current
DC Full Form
1) Deputy Commissioner
DC full form is Deputy Commissioner. The Deputy Commissioner is a police, income tax or administrative officer in many different countries. This position is common in Commonwealth police forces, usually under a commissioner.
The Deputy Commissioner (also known as “DC”) or District Magistrate is the executive head of the district, which is the administrative sub-unit of a division. The deputy commissioner is below the rank of commissioner and senior to the post of assistant commissioner.
The Deputy Commissioner or District Magistrate is the executive head of a district, which is the administrative sub-unit of the state. The District Magistrate has been entrusted with the overall responsibility of law and order, empowered for the implementation of government schemes and hearing of revenue related matters in the district.
The District Magistrate is also authorized to collect land revenue and hence is also called Collector (Revenue) and also to control encroachment on government land in the district. In India, officers of the Indian Administrative Service cadre are assigned to this office.
2) Direct Current
DC full form is Direct Current. Direct current (DC) is a directional current of electric charge. The electrochemical cell is an important example of DC power.
DC Full Form(Direct current) can flow through a conductor such as a wire, but it can also flow into an electron or ion beam through a semiconductor, insulator, or even a vacuum. The electric current flows in a steady direction, separating it from the alternating current (AC). A term used for such a present was Galvani.
- In 1800 Direct Current was developed by Italian physicist Alessandro by his voltaic pile.
- When the French automaker PCS built the first dynamo-electric generator in 1832, they saw that when a magnet was used, it passed through the wire at every half turn, reversing the flow of electricity, creating an alternating current.
- On the umpire’s advice, PCI later added a commuter, a type of “switch” where the contacts on the shaft work with “brush” contacts that produce direct current.
- After the widespread use of low-voltage direct currents for indoor electric lighting in businesses and homes, inventor Thomas Edison introduced the electric “utility” of his incandescent bulb in 1882.
- In the mid-1950s, the high-voltage direct current transmission was developed, and now there is an option to replace the current-distance system instead of longer distances at higher voltages.
- Most devices are usually more efficient when running on DC full form (Direct Current).
- The risk of electric shock is less when the voltage is less than 48 volts
- Over long distances, DC transmission lines can transmit maximum power with minimal loss of power.
- It improves performance and reduces transmission costs.
- DC transmission lines require a lower ground, narrow support structure than AC lines.
What Is The Full Form Of DC?
DC full form is Direct Current. It is a directional current of electric charge. The electrochemical cell is an important example of DC power. For long-distance underground cables DC option is technically the best option.
Next Topic: BMW Full Form