CRPF: Central Reserve Police Force
CRPF Full Form
CRPF full form stands for Central Reserve Police Force. It is the largest Central Armed Police Force in India. Its work is under the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India.
On July 27, 1939, the Crown Prince came into being as a representative of the police. In addition to its law and order and counter-terrorism duties, the CRPF has played a significant role in India’s general elections.
- The CRPF was withdrawn from the CRP on 27 July 1939 from 2 battalions at North Indian Mounted Artillery and Cavalry Headquarters in Madhya Pradesh.
- After independence, the force was renamed the Central Reserve Police Force by an Act of Parliament on 28 December 1949.
- During the 1960s, several State Reserve Police Battalions were integrated into the CRPF.
- On October 21, 1959, in Hot Springs, Ladakh, the Chinese army attacked SI Karam Singh and 20 soldiers, killing 10 people. Since then, October 21 has been celebrated as a nationwide Police Memorial Day in all states of India.
- During the September 1999 parliamentary elections, the CRPF played a key role in the security system.
- Security of VIPs and key installations such as airports and powerhouses
- Providing security during elections in sensitive areas
- Assisting the Armed Forces in times of war
- Participate in UN peacekeeping missions
- Conducting relief work during natural disasters
- Protecting native plants and animals
What Is The Full Form Of CRPF?
CRPF full form stands for Central Reserve Police Force. It is the largest Central Armed Police Force in India. The main role of the CRPF is to help maintain law and order and prevent insurgency in police operations in the Central areas.
Next Topic: NDA Full Form