CCTV: Closed Circuit Television
CCTV Full Form
CCTV full form is Closed Circuit Television. Closed-circuit television also called video surveillance, uses video cameras to transmit signals to a specific location on a limited set of monitors. This differs from broadcast television in that the signal is not broadcast openly.
This is a personal way to monitor what’s happening in and around your home. Cameras are strategically placed so that you can inspect certain areas of your home and property. The system is technically designed and installed by Walter Brooch, a German engineer.
- The earliest mechanical CCTV full form (Closed-circuit television) system was developed in June 1927 by the Russian physicist Leon Thermann (CF Television in the Soviet Union).
- Originally requested by the Soviet Union for Labor and Defense, the system consisted of a manually operated scanning transmission camera and wireless shortwave transmitter, and recipients with a resolution of 100 lines.
- After being commanded by Clement Voroshilov, Therman’s CCTV system was shown to Joseph Stalin, Simon Bodini, and Sergo Arduzonikadez.
- The first commercial circuit television system in the United States became available in 1949.
- The second earliest CCTV system was installed by Siemens AG in 1942 via Test Stand VII in Pane Mande, Nazi Germany, to observe the launch of the V-2 rocket.
Advantages Of Using CCTV
- The CCTV system is very harmful to thieves. Once the thief finds out that he is under CCTV surveillance, he would like to go somewhere else.
- CCTV footage provides valuable assistance to the police in investigating crimes.
- It can be used as a great home security option.
- It provides remote monitoring.
- This reduces the fear of crime.
- This increases business efficiency.
- It also increases the risk for vendors.
What Is The Full Form Of CCTV?
CCTV full form is Closed Circuit Television. It is an integral part of a TV system used for security and surveillance purposes. It is very helpful in crime prevention because it monitors and keeps track of all activities. It is also used to detect congestion and monitor traffic while reporting accidents.
Next Topic: RTO Full Form