BMC: Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation
BMC Full Form
BMC full form stands for Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation. The Greater Mumbai Municipal Corporation (MCGM), formerly the Bombay Municipal Corporation (BMC), is a civil administration agency in Mumbai, the capital of Maharashtra.
It is the richest municipal company in India. Its annual budget exceeds the budgets of some small states in India. It was established under the Mumbai Municipal Corporation Act of 1888. It is responsible for municipal infrastructure, city management, and certain suburbs.
Responsibilities Of BMC
- To Construct and maintain roads, streets, subways, and bridges
- Cleaning and lighting of streets, roads, and subways
- Efforts to prevent epidemics
- Register births and deaths and control all crematoriums and cemeteries within their jurisdiction
- Manage garbage collection and treatment, water supply, sewage treatment, and treatment to maintain the health and sanitation of the entire city
- Keep city property records and enforce building rules as needed
What Is The Full Form Of BMC?
BMC full form stands for Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation. BMC is the richest municipal company in India because its annual budget is larger than the annual budget of some small states in India.
Next Topic: NPR Full Form