RAW: Research and Analysis Wing
RAW Full Form
The RAW full form is Research and Analysis Wing. The Research and Analysis Wing is India’s foreign intelligence agency. The agency’s core functions are foreign intelligence, counter-terrorism, counter-proliferation, advising Indian policymakers, and advancing India’s foreign strategic interests.
The current head of R&AW, headquartered in New Delhi, is Samantha Goel. The Head of R&AW has been nominated as Secretary (R) in the Cabinet Secretariat, and he is subject to direct orders from the Prime Minister and reports to the Cabinet Secretary on administrative grounds.
- The India Gandhi administration decided that a second security service was needed with full security. R.N Kao, deputy director of the Intelligence Bureau, presented a blueprint for the new agency.
- Kao was appointed head of India’s first foreign intelligence agency, the Research and Analysis Wing.
- R&AW was tasked with coordinating with the Directorate General of Military Intelligence for strategic external intelligence, human as well as technical, as well as strategic cross-border military intelligence to a certain depth across the Line of Control.
- Gradually other children’s agencies such as the Radio Research Center and Electronics and Tech. Services were incorporated into R&AW in the 1970s and 1990s.
Current R&AW objectives include:
- Monitoring of political, military, economic, and scientific developments in countries that directly affect India’s national security and its foreign policymaking.
- Shaping international opinion and influencing foreign governments.
- A covert operation to protect India’s national interests.
- Counter-terrorism and neutralizing the elements of terrorism that are a threat to India.
What Is The Full Form Of RAW?
The RAW full form is Research and Analysis Wing. It is India’s main foreign intelligence agency. The reason behind the creation of RAW was the poor performance of India in the wars against China and Pakistan.
Next Topic: ASMR Full Form