NTPC: National Thermal Power Corporation
NTPC Full Form
NTPC full form stands for National Thermal Power Corporation. NTPC full form National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, is an Indian central public sector entity engaged in the business of power generation and allied activities.
It is a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 and is owned by the Ministry of Power, Government of India. The company is headquartered in New Delhi. NTPC’s core business is the sale and purchase of electricity to state-owned electricity distribution companies and the State Electricity Board in India. The company conducts consultancy and trunk project agreements, which include engineering, construction management, project management, and operation and management of power plants.
- The company was established on November 7, 1975, as “National Thermal Power Corporation Pvt. Ltd.”
- It started work on its thermal power project in 1976 at Shakti Nagar.
- In the same year, it was renamed the National Thermal Power Corporation Limited.
- In 1983, NTPC started commercial operations (electricity sales) and made a profit of Rs. 4.5 crore in the financial year 1982-83.
- By the end of 1985, it had the capacity to generate 2,000 MW of electricity.
- In 1986, it completed the synchronization of its first 500 MW unit at Singaruli.
- In 1989, it started a consulting firm. In 1992, it acquired the Feroze Gandhi Inchahar Thermal Power Station.
- By the end of 1994, its installed capacity had exceeded 15,000 MW.
What Is The Full Form Of NTPC?
NTPC full form stands for National Thermal Power Corporation. It is the largest thermal power generating company in India in terms of installed capacity and production. It was set up to accelerate power generation in the country.
Next Topic: PDA Full Form