1) NDA: National Democratic Alliance
2) NDA: National Defence Academy
1) NDA Full Form (National Democratic Alliance)
NDA full form is National Democratic Alliance. It is an Indian political alliance of central right-wing political parties led by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). It was established in 1998 and currently controls the government of India as well as the government of 18 Indian states. The main objective of the NDA is to form an anti-Congress coalition.
Its first president was Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Former Deputy Prime Minister LK Advani held the post of Chairman in 2004 and served till 2014, and Amit Shah has been the Chairman since 2014. The coalition returned to power in the 2014 general election. 38.5% joint vote share. Its leader, Modi, was sworn in as the Prime Minister of India on 26 May 2014. In the 2019 general election, the coalition increased its tally to 353 seats with a combined vote share of 45.43%.
- The NDA was formed in May 1998 as a coalition to contest the general election.
- After the entry of some other regional parties, the NDA won the 1999 election by a landslide. Vajpayee became the Prime Minister for the third time, this time in a full five-year term.
- The NDA convened in early 2004, six months before the election schedule.
- The campaign was based on the slogan “India Shining”, which blamed the NDA government for the country’s rapid economic transformation.
- Compared to 222 of the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance, the NDA lost only 186 seats in the Lok Sabha and won after Manmohan Singh Vajpayee became Prime Minister.
2) NDA Full Form (National Defence Academy)
NDA full form is National Defense Academy. It is a joint defense service training institute of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of three services namely Indian Military Service, Indian Naval Service, and Indian Air Force Service train run simultaneously.
Service Academy for further training of Pre-Commission. NDA is located in Khadkaswala, Pune, Maharashtra. It is the world’s first tripartite service academy. The current Chiefs of Staff of the Army, Navy, and Air Force are former NDA alumni from the same course.
NDA full form (National Defense Academy) alumni include 3 Pramavir Chakra recipients and 12 Ashoka Chakra recipients. The NDA has so far produced 27 service heads. The NDA campus is located about 17 km southwest of Pune city, Sinhagarh Fort northwest of Kharkwasla Lake provides a prolific backdrop. It covers 7,015 acres out of 8,022 acres allotted by the previous Bombay state government.
While several states had offered land for a permanent site for the academy, Bombay received the award, with the largest donation being a lake and neighboring mountainous areas. The site was also chosen for its proximity to the Arabian Sea and other military installations, which have an operational airport near Lohgaon as well as a salty climate.
What Is The Full Form Of NDA?
NDA full form is National Democratic Alliance. It is an Indian political alliance of central right-wing political parties. It was established in 1998. The main objective of the NDA is to form an anti-Congress coalition. It currently controls the government of India as well as the government of 18 Indian states.
Next Topic: ITI Full Form