1) MD: Doctor of Medicine
2) MD: Managing Director
MD Full Form
1) Doctor of Medicine
MD full form stands for Doctor of Medicine. The Doctor of Medicine is a medical degree, the meanings of which vary between jurisdictions. In the United States and some other countries, MD refers to a professional undergraduate degree. In England, the Bachelor of Medicine was used and eventually became the standard in 19th century Scotland.
In the UK, Ireland, and other countries, MD is a research doctorate, advanced doctorate, honorary doctorate, or applied clinical degree that is already limited to those who have a professional degree in medicine. In these countries, the equivalent of North American professionals and some others who use MD is still commonly called Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
- The first medical degree was conferred by the scholar Medica Salaritana around the year 1000, including women such as Trotta Salerno.
- It was legally ratified by Roger II of Sicily in 1132 and by Emperor Federico II in 1231 in the constitution of Malfi.
- The degree was awarded after three years of reasoning, five years of medical studies, a commission of university professors, a year of apprenticeship with a specialist doctor, and a final examination thereafter.
- In 1703, Samuel Benin, the first medical graduate of the University of Glasgow, was issued with the degree of Doctor of Medicine. MD full form
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York was the first American university to offer an MD degree instead of an MB.
2) Managing Director
MD full form stands for Managing Director. The role of the managing director is to formulate, develop and implement strategic plans for the organization in terms of both cost and time. The managing director is also responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization, which includes managing committees and staff.
The board gives the managing director the authority to run the organization. The board can offer suggestions and ideas on ways to improve the organization, but the managing director decides whether to put those ideas into practice. The Managing Director encourages members, volunteers, and staff and may preside over the meeting.
Here are the following responsibilities of MD:
- Develop and implement the company’s business strategies.
- Provide strategic advice to the board and the chairman.
- Develop and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate success.
- Guide the organization and promotes its organizational culture.
What Is The Full Form Of MD?
MD full form stands for Managing Director. He is accountable to the chairman of the board of directors and reports to the board on a quarterly, half-yearly, or yearly basis. The Managing Director is the leading role for an organization and often fulfills a motivating role in addition to office-based tasks.
Next Topic: ICICI Full Form