LRS: Learning Record Store
LRS Full Form
LRS full form stands for Learning Record Store. The Learning Record Store (LRS) is a data storage system, which acts as a repository for learning records collected from connected systems, where learning activities take place.
It is an integral part of the process of using the ADL Experience API (xAPI) standard or caliper standard through IMS Global.
The concept of LRS was introduced in the e-learning industry in 2011 and proposed a change in the way e-learning facilities work. The Experience API, also known as the “Tin Can API”, is an open-source e-learning specification developed after AICC and SCORM.
SCORM is a specification of e-learning industry software for interoperability since 2001. Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL), the governing body of SCORM, felt that the specification was not up to date with technological progress and needed to be updated.
ADL has issued a Broadcasting Agency Declaration (BAA) to help update SCORM details. BAA was awarded Rustic Software, and the result was a year-long research and development project called Project Tin Can.
- LRSs provide the ability to create in-depth e-learning analytics and store large amounts of data in the form of learner records.
- The LRS records that with the statement structure, there are several statistical points that can be reported.
- An LRS that is strictly designed to define an experimental API does not have an underlying reporting mechanism.
- The LRS Administrator should provide the means of accessing data to the LRS full form (Learning Record Store) to the Administrator, as a result, create a statistical reporting system.
- LRS can be present within the traditional learning management system (LMS) or on its own.
- LRS can communicate learner data with other systems, such as LMS, sensor-driven devices, mobile technology, and other LRS.
- Individual learners can have their own LRS, or personal data lockers, in which they store all of their learning data for their personal records.
What Is The Full Form OF LRS?
LRS full form stands for Learning Record Store. It is a data storage system, which acts as a repository for learning records collected from connected systems, where learning activities take place. The LRS records that with the statement structure, there are several statistical points that can be reported.
Next Topic: AWS Full Form