IOC: International Olympic Committee
IOC Full Form
IOC full form stands for International Olympic Committee. The International Olympic Committee (IOC; French: Comité International Olympics, CIO) is a non-governmental sports organization based in Lausanne, Switzerland.
The current chairman of the IOC is Thomas Baek of Germany, who replaced Jack Rogg of Belgium in September 2013.
The IOC was formed on 23 June 1894 by Pierre de Coubertin with Demetrius Vacillas as its first president. As of April 2019, its membership consists of 95 active members, 44 honorary members, one honorary president (Jack Wicked), and two honorary members (Henry Kissinger and Yusuf Andy).
The IOC is the highest official of the modern Olympic movement worldwide. It is the authority responsible for hosting the modern Summer and Winter Olympic Games.
The IOC’s stated mission is to promote the Olympics worldwide and guide the Olympic movement:
- To encourage and help the organization, with the development of sports and games and sports competitions.
- Ensuring regular celebration of the Olympic Games.
- To collaborate with competent public or private organizations and authorities to serve humanity and promote peace through sport.
- Take action against any form of discrimination affecting the Olympic movement.
- Encourage and support the advancement of women at all levels and in all structures with a view to applying the principle of equality between men and women.
What Is The Full Form Of IOC?
IOC full form stands for International Olympic Committee. It is a non-governmental sports organization based in Lausanne, Switzerland. The IOC was formed on 23 June 1894 by Pierre de Coubertin with Demetrius Vacillas as its first president.
Next Topic: AF Full Form