IELTS: International English Language Testing System
IELTS Full Form
IELTS full form stands for International English Language Testing System. The IELTS test is the only safe English test recognized by the UK Visas and Immigration Agency (UKVI) and is suitable for visa clients applying for visas in and outside the UK. It was established in 1989.
Recognized by universities and employers in many countries (such as Australia, Canada, Ireland, the United States, the United Kingdom, and New Zealand). The IELTS test is one of the two main English language tests in the world. It uses a nine-point scale to reflect the level of proficiency, and half a full mark (such as 5.5) is fine.
English Test Service (IELTS full form International English Language Testing System) (called IELTS at the time) was launched in 1980 by Cambridge Assessment English (called UCLES at the time) and the British Council. This is an innovative form that reflects changes in linguistics and teaching, including the growth of “communicative” language learning and “specific purpose English”.
The IELTS test started in 1989. Candidates participated in two non-professional courses, namely listening and speaking, and two professional courses, namely reading and writing. The number of candidates has grown at a rate of approximately 15% each year. By 1995, the number of candidates in 210 test centers around the world reached 43,000.
Both IELTS academic and general training include the following functions:
- IELTS inspects the ability to write, read, listen, and speak English.
- The speaking unit is the main component of IELTS. It is conducted in the form of one-on-one interviews with candidates. The examiner evaluates the speech of the examinee.
- A variety of dialects and writing styles are introduced into the test materials to reduce language bias.
- The IELTS test is developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment Experts based on the “Elements Handbook” from all over the world.
- Band scores are used for each language subskill (listening, reading, writing, and speaking).
What Is The Full Form Of IELTS?
IELTS full form stands for International English Language Testing System. This is an international standard test used to determine the English proficiency of non-native English speakers who wish to study or work in a country where English is the language of communication.
Next Topic: NGO Full Form