IBM: International Business Machines
IBM Full Form
IBM Full Form is International Business Machines. The company was founded in 1911 and was established in Endicott, New York, under the name Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company (CTR), and was renamed “International Business Machines” in 1924.
IBM is one of the 30 companies listed on the Dow Jones Industrial Average and one of the largest employers in the world. As of 2018, the company has more than 350,000 employees and is known as “IBM employees.”
- The company was merged by Charles Ranlett Flint on June 16, 1911, into the Computer Records Scheduling Company (CTR). This is the result of the merger of the three companies.
- In 1924, CTR was named International Business Machines (IBM).
- The company sold its personal computer business to Chinese technology company Lenovo in 2005 and acquired software company SPSSInc in 2009.
- In 2012, IBM announced that it had agreed to acquire Kenexa and Texas Storage Systems, and a year later it acquired the web hosting service SoftLayer Technologies for $2 billion.
- In 2014, IBM announced the sale of its x86 server unit to Lenovo for $2.1 billion.
- In 2015, IBM announced three major acquisitions: a $1 billion healthcare merger, a data storage provider Cleversafe, and all digital assets from Weather Compan
- In April 2016, it hit its lowest quarterly level in 14 years. Two months after IBM Groupon was accused of patent infringement in another lawsuit.
What Is The Full Form Of IBM?
IBM Full Form is International Business Machines. It is a multinational consulting and technology company and a trusted brand in the IT field. The 8 bar logo designed by Paul Rand. The company is also known as the “Big Blue” because of the blue color in its logo and products.
Next Topic: HDFC Full Form