HDMI: High Definition Multimedia Interface
HDMI Full Form
HDMI full form stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface. HDMI is a proprietary audio/video interface that conforms to HDMI compliant source devices.
HDMI is a digital alternative to analog video quality. It transfers data to digital television or digital audio devices.
HDMI implements the EIA / CEA-861 standards, which define the implementation of video formats and wavy formats, compressed and non-compliant LPCM audio, auxiliary data, and similar EDID. The CDA861 signal is electronically compatible with the HDMI CEA 861 signal used by the Digital Visual Interface.
When the DVI-to-HDMI adapter is used, there is no need to change the signal and no reduction in video quality. The CEC capability allows HDMI devices to control each other when needed and allows the user to operate multiple devices via a handheld device control device.
- Personal computers
- Tablet computers
- Mobile phones
- Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD players
- Digital cameras and camcorders
- Gaming consoles
- Legacy compatibility
- This includes both video and audio signals.
- This allows you to establish multiple connections using a few cables which simplifies the connection process and eliminates the clutter of multiple cables.
- It allows you to turn your TV into a computer monitor.
- It can be converted to DVI using a special adapter that provides more connection options.
- It supports various audio formats such as standard stereo, multi-channel surround sound, and so on.
- It has the ability to support high-definition video formats (720p, 1080i, etc.) as well as standard definition formats.
What Is The Full Form Of HDMI?
HDMI full form stands for High Definition Multimedia Interface. HDMI is a proprietary audio/video interface that conforms to HDMI compliant source devices. It transfers data to digital television or digital audio devices.
Next Topic: POS Full Form