FDA: Food and Drug Administration
FDA Full Form
FDA full form stands for Food and Drug Administration. It is a federal agency of the Department of Health and Human Services.
FDA health control, public health through responsible control and monitoring for tobacco products, dietary supplements, prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceutical drugs, vaccines, biopharmaceutical, blood transfusion, medical devices, electromagnetic radiation, animal feed, and animal products.
The FDA is headquartered in White Oak, Maryland. The agency has 223 field offices and 13 laboratories located in 50 states, the United States, the Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. In 2008, the FDA began sending employees overseas, including China, India, Costa Rica, Chile, Belgium, and the United Kingdom.
The FDA is headed by the Commissioner of Food and Drugs, appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate. The commissioner reported to the Secretary of Health and Human Services. Janet Woodcock is serving as Commissioner until 20 January 2021.
The FDA’s main focus is on enforcing the federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, but it also enforces other laws, notably Section 361 of the Public Health Service Act and related regulations.
Much of this regulatory function is not directly related to food or drugs but includes many things such as the management of cellular phones, lasers, and condoms, as well as from domestic pets to human sperm.
- If drugs, biological products, medical devices, and foodstuffs, cosmetics, and products can be withdrawn from the market for safety, performance, and safety to ensure the safety of public health and for other reasons.
- To regulate the development of new drugs and to develop regulations for clinical trials that must follow all new drugs.
- It can inspect and evaluate production facilities that manufacture products such as food, drugs, tobacco, medical equipment, etc.
- Promoting and Protecting public health by supporting innovations and ensuring the safety of medical equipment, foods, medicines, biological products, and cosmetics.
- Regulating the production, marketing, and distribution of tobacco products for the protection of public health and preventing the use of tobacco by minors.
- It approves regulated products before being sold in the United States.
What IS The Full Form OF FDA?
FDA full form stands for Food and Drug Administration. It is a federal agency of the Department of Health and Human Services. It can inspect and evaluate production facilities that manufacture products such as food, drugs, tobacco, medical equipment, etc.
Next Topic: DTP Full Form