CTO: Chief Technology Officer
CTO Full Form
CTO full form stands for Chief Technology Officer. A Chief Technical Officer (CTO), sometimes called the Chief Technology Officer or Chief Technologist is an executive-level position in a company or other organization whose business focuses on scientific and technical matters in an organization.
A CTO is like a Chief Information Officer (CIO). CTOs will make decisions for overreaching technology infrastructure that are closely aligned with the organization’s goals, while CIOs will work with members of the organization’s information technology (“IT”) for day-to-day operations.
A CTO holds the highest executive position within the company and is guided by the Department of Technology or Engineering. In order to fulfill the role of CTO full form (Chief Technology Officer) of a company, an individual has to fulfill various qualifications such as a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, certificate, years of experience in the relevant field, and management skills related to technology.
The role characteristics of CTOs vary from company to company, depending primarily on their organizational structure.
In the United States, the average salary of a CTO each year is between 130 130,000 and $ 195,000, depending on the region of the company. According to a 2018 report by Infosec Institute, CTOs in the financial sector earn approximately 200 200,000, while e-commerce CTOs earn about $ 76,000.
- Analyze an organization’s short-term and long-term needs and plan investments to help an organization achieve its goals
- Develop strategies for revenue generation and investment analysis
- A CTO works closely with the CEO and other senior management and board members.
- Provide key skills to guide technology teams, set performance goals, and monitor team members
- Technical review of products or solutions
- Supervise all hardware, software, databases and licenses, maintenance, and their maintenance
- Maintain current technology and develop relevant policies
- Provide in-house technical reviews and oversight of modern companies and technical strategies
What Is The Full Form Of CTO?
CTO full form stands for Chief Technology Officer. It is an executive-level position in a company or other organization whose business focuses on scientific and technical matters in an organization. A CTO holds the highest executive position within the company and is guided by the Department of Technology or Engineering.
Next Topic: OECD Full Form