CISF: Central Industrial Security Force
CISF Full Form
CISF full form stand for Central Industrial Security Force. The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is a Central Armed Police Force in India. The CISF is run by the Central Office of Home Affairs, headquartered in New Delhi.
It was established on March 10, 1969 under the Act of Parliament of India with a power of 2,800. The CISF was later made an Armed Forces of India by another Act of Parliament on 15 June 1983. It currently has 148,374 employees. In April 2017, the government increased the sanctioned force from 145,000 to 180,000 personnel.
The CISF is a unique organization in India’s paramilitary forces, working for maritime routes, airways and some of India’s largest installations. CISF has an important role to play in disaster management. Its duties include providing security for sensitive government buildings, the Delhi Metro and the airport.
- CISF provides security for 300 industrial units, government infrastructure projects and facilities and installations across India.
- It specializes in VIP security as well as disaster management.
- The CISF has some reserve battalions that work closely with the state police to maintain law and order.
- The CISF has a ‘fire wing’ that assists in fire accidents in industries where the CISF is in charge.
- CISF provides consulting services to private industries as well as other organizations within the Government of India.
What Is The Full Form Of CISF?
CISF full form stand for Central Industrial Security Force. It is a Central Armed Police Force in India. The CISF is run by the Central Office of Home Affairs, headquartered in New Delhi. Industrial areas such as space installations, nuclear power plants, and the currency notes that make up Indian currency are protected by the Press CISF.
Next Topic: FICCI Full Form