CII: Confederation of Indian Industry
CII Full Form
CII full form stands for Confederation of Indian Industry. The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is a non-governmental trade association and advocacy group founded in 1895 in New Delhi, India.
CII involves business, political, educational, and other community leaders to shape global, regional, and industry agendas. This is a membership-based organization.
- Under the Society Registration Act, 1860 CDI is a body registered. The supreme governing body of the CII is the CII National Council, which consists of prominent industry leaders and experts.
- CII’s journey began in 1895, when five engineering firms, Martin & Co., Bern & Co., John King & Co., Jessup & Co., and Turner Morrison & Co., formed the Engineering and Iron Trades Association (EITA).
- To promote the interests of Indian industrialists, EITA was renamed the Indian Engineering Association (IEA) in 1912.
- EAI merged with IEA in 1974 and formed the Association Indian Engineering Industry (AEII) which became the Confederation of Engineering Industry (CEI) in 1986.
- In 1991, CEI became the Confederation of Current Industry (CII).
- Policy advocacy
- Quality movement
- Green building
- International participation
- Community development
- Provide industry and government updates.
- Strengthen the industry’s commitment to society.
- Meeting the needs of the small sector to make it more productive.
- Identify and support the role of industry in India’s economic development.
- Supporting the industry in its efforts on quality, environment, and consumer protection.
- Supporting the globalization of Indian industry and its integration into the global economy.
What Is The Full Form Of CII?
CII full form stands for Confederation of Indian Industry. It is a non-governmental trade association and advocacy group founded in 1895 in New Delhi, India. It involves political, educational, business, and other community leaders to shape industrial, regional, and global agendas.
Next Topic: GUI Full Form