BMW: Bayerische Motoren Werke
BMW Full Form
BMW full form stands for Bayerische Motoren Werke. It is a German multinational corporation that manufactures luxury cars and motorcycles. The company was founded in 1916 to manufacture aircraft engines, which lasted from 1917 to 1918 and then from 1933 to 1945.
BMW is headquartered in Munich and manufactures automobiles in Germany, Brazil, China, India, South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Mexico. The Quandt family is a long-term shareholder of the company (the rest of the shares are held by a public float) after the Herbert and Herald Quantitate investments in 1959, which saved the company from bankruptcy.
- This company was formed in 1916 which was renamed Bearshaw Motorworks (BMW) in 1922.
- The name BMW dates back to 1913 when the parent company using the name was founded by Carl Rap.
- BMW’s first product was a straight six-engine engine called the BMW IIIa, designed by engineer Max Fries in the spring of 1917.
- The company developed its first motorcycle, the BMW R32, in 1923.
- BMW became an automobile manufacturer in 1928 when it bought the Fahrizogibrick Esnach.
- During the 1930s, BMW expanded its reach to sports cars and luxury cars.
- In 1978, the BMW Division released its first road car, a mid-engine supercar.
- In 1986, BMW introduced its first V12 engine in the 750i luxury sedan.
- In 1998, BMW also acquired the rights to the Rolls Royce brand from Walkers PLC.
- In 2000, BMW sold most rover brands, retaining only the mini brand.
What Is The Full Form Of BMW?
BMW full form stands for Bayerische Motoren Werke. It is an automobile manufacturer based in Munich, Germany. BMW manufactures luxury sports cars as well as motorcycles. Nowadays it is a very reliable and reputable automobile manufacturer in addition to Mercedes Benz and Audi.
Next Topic: BDSM Full Form